Fire section team with support of HSE section provide Safety Induction, BFF, orientation, and training to all new staff, refresher, contractors and visitor into Doha depot which include training and awareness on.
Basic firefighting, orientation:
Actions to take in the event of a fire: When to evacuate, when to attempt to extinguish a fire, whom to notify, what equipment to shut down.
Portable fire extinguishers: The correct extinguisher and its proper operation on a particular type of fire (e.g., metals, electrical, chemical, wood, or paper).
Familiarity with plant: A tour of the entire facility (Tank farm area, loading gantry, Garage area etc, with emphasis on the location of exits, Assemble point, fire extinguishers, MCP, hazardous operations, and restricted areas.
Care and maintenance of equipment or machinery they will be operating: To reduce fire loss potential by helping to keep equipment from malfunctioning or breaking down.
Alarms: The meaning of various alarms and the actions to take when they are sounded.
Hot-Work Permits: How to protect against fire hazards caused from welding/cutting/brazing and other hot work, Gas testing and Standby.
Flammable Liquids: How to safely handle, use, and store flammable liquids.
Workplace safety rounds and random safety checks
Fire team went on periodic safety patrol and surveillance check around all areas of Doha depot including new parking area to :
- ensure and observe work behavior while workers perform a task or activity, observed unsafe or negative behavior.
- Stops/observed activities or conditions that are dangerous or pose fire hazards, spillage etc.
- PPE enforcement, Speed limit control & Traffic management
- Permit to work system (inspection, Gas test & Standby)
- Task Inspection
- Gas testing carried out for hot works at hazardous classified area
- Firemen standby for critical and hot works
- Workplace housekeeping
Planned fire & safety checks and inspections
Fire team carried out series of planned safety inspection of all Fire equipment with General service Dept. to identify equipment defects and advice for preventive maintenance as well as checking equipment readiness for emergency situations.
- All portable fire extinguishers
- Fixed fire fighting equipment
- Fire pump engine
- Fire detective equipment
- Rapid intervention equipment
- Personal protective equipment
Monitoring and fire prevention
Fire team monitor fire water tank level, pump pressure bars reading, Fire alarm monitoring, fire detection system and fire water line pressure flows.
Documentation and record retention
Fire team daily Log book:
- routine/ non-routine activities carried out
- safety observations
- Equipment conditions
- Contractor and Task monitoring
- Surveillance patrols
- Permit Register
- work permit status
Other Fire section activities include:
- Mock drill : is carried out on planed bases, to provide an orderly emergency response plan for all WOQOD staff, contractor and visitor and to ensure fast, organized and smooth evacuation of plant during emergencies.
- Mock drill is also intended to test the working conditions and effectiveness of all fire and emergency equipment in Depot as well as to train fire team and Backup team how to conduct their duties successfully during emergencies.
- Fire Officer ensure preparation, coordination, scenario,
- pre-briefing, post briefing, (lesson to be learn) and Action Plan.
- Civil defense inspection throughout all WOQOD petrol station and facilities.
- Gas testing for hot works, confine space entry and fireman standby for critical task.
- Participate in Civil defense exhibition.
- Managing Housekeeping at Doha depot
- Managing fire extinguisher Call-off contracts
- In the past period of time procure and distribute of PPE for all technical staff.
- All WOQOD petrol stations (37 stations)
- Non branded Petrol station (7 stations)
- Mobile Station (4 stations)
- WOQOD warehouse
- Bitumen plant Messaid
- Ras Lafan Loading Facility (RALF)
- Petrol station staff accommodation
- All Doha depot road tankers, SHAFAF & LPG road tankers